Arviso Construction is a Navajo family owned business and was founded in 1982 by Olsen Arviso Sr. Throughout his career, he referred to his clients as "respected friends." The company quickly built a reputation for integrity, teamwork, and commitment.
These values remain true today and are the reason we are able to celebrate 41 years. This a milestone which all of us at Arviso Construction are very proud.
Arviso Construction is recognized as a leader in the industry on the Navajo Reservation. Our position and strength enables the company to provide additional value to our clients and opportunities for our employees.
Arviso has an enviable record of 100% Native American labor forces for self-performed work on every project to recruit and train Native American labor is an integral part of all Arviso's projects.
We stay true to our roots of being a builder, not just managers. The genesis of Arviso was built around family working in the field together constructing with their own hands building across the Navajo Reservation. While we do not to self-perform on every project, we feel that having the ability to do the work gives our team different perspective.
The Arviso team has the ability to self-perform concrete, rough carpentry, erection of steel, painting, miscellaneous hardware, and minor demolition.
Arviso Construction is committed to providing a safe workplace for all of our employees and to take very reasonable effort to eliminate the hazards that cause accidents and injuries. To ensure this, we comply with all applicable workplace safety and health requirements and maintain occupational safety and health standards that equal or exceed the best practices in the industry.
Employee training - Arviso recognizes the need for supporting its subcontractors in the area of health and safety. Arviso provides a combination of training courses that exceed OSHA's 30-hour program.
- Formal safety orientation package for all workers on every project.
- Field training for first aid/CPR, OSHA 30, Hilti certifications etc.
- Public Safety - Arviso's main priority with safety is the public. We work closely with all partners and stakeholders to work seamlessly in all public spaces. We develop transportation/public safety management plans specific to the work site and to the local roads and walkways.
Fort Defiance Wellness Center
- Location: Fort Defiance, AZ
- Architect: Orcutt | Winslow
- Owner: Ft. Defiance Indian Hospital Board, Inc.
- Completed: October 2017
- Description: A new 47,000 SF wellness center will consist of four departments: Administration, Rehabilitation, Nutrition, and Fitness. This facility provides many office spaces and classroom spaces for all four departments. The fitness area provides a gymnasium with an indoor track around the gymnasium and an exercise room for fitness equipment. The building will also consist of a kitchen for nutrition, training rooms, treatment rooms in the rehab area, activity rooms, and work rooms.
Twin Arrows Police and Fire Station
- Location: Flagstaff, AZ
- Architect: Warren and Gooden Architects
- Owner: Navajo Nation Gaming Enterprise
- Completed: September 2017
- Description: A single-story metal building that is 15,000 square feet. This metal building consists of a fire and police station. The police station will include records offices, conference rooms, holding cell, training rooms, and breakroom. As for the Fire station, will have sleep rooms for the fire fighters, weight room, training room, laundry and a TV room.
Black Mesa Head Start
- Location: Black Mesa, AZ
- Architect: LAM Corporation
- Owner: Black Mesa Head Start
- Completed: March 2017
- Description: Black Mesaï¿½s new Head Start is a 4,010-square foot building. It provides the children with two new classroom spaces with storages spaces. An office and isolation room, laundry room, receptionist area and open spaces. It also provides a kitchen with a pantry and a new parking lot.
Arviso Construction provides residential and commercial construction on the Navajo Nation and surrounding areas. We have played an integral role in providing the Navajo Nation with various facilities for years on multiple remote locations within the southwest.
Arviso can build your facility using any of the following delivery types:
- CM at Risk
- General Contracting
- Comprehensive Pre-Construction Services
- Competitive Bidding
- Fast Track Delivery
Through our commitment and quality service, we strive to surpass the expectation of our clients. As a local 100% Navajo-Owned business we have established relationships with many subcontractors in the local area. Because, of our standards, almost 90 percent of Arviso's business are from repeated clients.
We are capable of executing large projects and have a history of successful projects in remote and rural areas. As a Native American firm, we feel an obligatory responsibility to improve the economic situation of the tribes we work with. This is our underlying principle of building strong relationships with Native Americans and entities.
What People Are Saying
Cliff JohnsProject Manager
TseHootsooi Medical Center
Arviso Construction is highly qualified, competent, creative and resourceful in a professional and timely manner. They took the time to understand our project design intent, the potential project challenges and shared their recommendations in addressing our cultural and healthcare needs.
James WanamakerExecutive Director of Facilities
Navajo Nation Gaming Enterprise
I have worked with many contractors over my years as a Construction Management and Facilities Management professional and Arviso is at the top of my list as a contractor that is honest, fair, and has a 'down to earth' approach to their delivery method.
Gary Yellowhair, P.E.Navajo Tribal Utility Authority
After 34 years, they have grown to become a successful general building contractor. Arviso values integrity, teamwork, commitment, quality and honesty. I can attest that they do quality work and do an excellent job of managing the construction from start to substantial completion. They work well with clients, subcontractors, inspectors, and utility companies.